Hello there everyone ! Well, this is just a random blog where will I share my thoughts, things I've read over books, magazines and blogs. I'm not really a verbose person. But, writing makes me happy, so I'd go for it ! I'll be updating this blog as frequent as I could. So, join me here, "These Dreams" ! Thanks. xo

Blog Archive

Friday, February 1, 2013

Without a Hitch.

  What people say, "what goes around comes around" is real. Here's a story I've recently read that caught my attention, and I adored it.

  Here's what the article is all about, A woman, in 1958, she was working as a nurse in a rural area, was lost her only train which takes to her hometown which is about 200km away everyday. So, she thought of hitching a ride to her hometown, but, hours of waiting and she still couldn't find anyone passing by that road. A man, who was watching her for hours, brought her to his house, offered her some food and a ride back to her home. 18 years later, when the writer was driving, an old man with a small kid was trying to hail a ride, she pulled over and picked up the pair, after a few minutes, she heard the man said to her "You haven't changed a bit, even your red hair is still the same." Yes, it was the man who helped her over a decade ago.

Source : Reader's Digest, January 2013, page 22 "The Power of Good"

1 comment: